Building and Pest Inspection Problems
What problems can be found at a Pre Purchase Building and Pest Inspection?
Found your dream Home? That’s exciting keep your dream alive by getting a Building and Pest Inspection so your dream doesn’t turn into a nightmare. The main objective for the building and pest inspector is to find issues with your new purchase that isn’t going to cost you a packet to rectify. Problems that can be found by the inspectors are:
- Subsidence because is the floors aren’t level you will have major costs in ensuring they do.
- Termites: The average cost for termite repairs is $15000 and 1 in every 3 homes on the Gold Coast has been effected by termites in some way.
- Water leaks causing wood rot and fungal decay and this can be very hard to detect
- Structural defects to the building that could have the potential to cause problems in the future
- Drainage issues around the outside of house that can cause water to pool close to the house potentially attracting termites and other issue to the building
- Problems with Plumbing to bathrooms, kitchens and toilets the inspector needs to ensure the plumbing works and there are no leaks
- Garage doors and other doors are in good working order
- Broken tiles on roof could mean that the roof needs restoration works
- Retaining walls and landscaping timbers can cost $$$ if they need to be replaced
- Electrical appliances like the dishwasher, garage door motor, range hood and airconditioners need to be checked
These problems and many others need to be a good motivation to ensure you have a Building and Termite Inspection by a licenced and insured professional inspector before the house goes unconditional.